Tuition and Financial Aid
(Download our 2015 Financial Aid Catalog, click on above)
Eligible students can receive Federal Student Financial Aid to attend Birthwise Midwifery School by filing the FAFSA each year. Both Stafford subsidized and unsubsidized loans and Pell Grants are awarded.
2015-2016 Tuition Rates
|Matriculating students||$6000.00 per semester|
|Non-matriculating students||$390 per credit hour|
|Audit||$250 per credit hour|
Tuition rates are subject to change in subsequent years. Tuition is $12,000 per year.
|Lab Fees||fee varies; required for a few select courses|
|Test retake fees||$10|
|Course waiver application||$25|
|Academic Advanced Status application||$25|
|Clinical Advanced Status application||$50|
|Clinical Advanced Status credit||$30 per credit hour|
- Book costs are approximately $1400 over the 4 academic semesters. The majority of books are purchased prior to the first semester.
- Skills practice kits must be purchased prior to Semesters 1, 2, and 3. They cost approximately $45-$60 per semester.
- Students are required to purchase physical assessment equipment prior to the first semester. Equipment costs are approximately $150.
- Students in the Campus Program will incur travel costs for clinical rotations (some rotations require driving several hours each week). Tb skin testing may be required for certain clinical placements.
- Students in the Community Program will incur travel costs to and from Bridgton for the 10 academic sessions. Community students will have housing costs while attending the academic sessions.
Tuition Payment Schedule
|Campus Program||Community Program|
|Semester 1||August 15, 2015||July 15, 2015|
|Semester 2||January 1, 2016||December 15, 2015|
|Semester 3||August 15, 2016||June 15, 2016|
|Semester 4||January 1, 2017||December 15, 2016|
|Semester 5||June 15, 2017||June 15, 2017|
|Semester 6||January 1, 2018||December 15, 2017|
|Semester 7||June 15, 2018|
Visit our Net Price Calculator.
Title IV Funds (Federal Student Aid)
Students at Birthwise are eligible to apply for Title IV Funds (Federal Student Aid). This allows qualifying students to obtain Federal Stafford Loans and Pell Grants. Parents can also apply to receive a Parent Plus loan. Eligibility to receive Title IV funds requires at least half-time enrollment and satisfactory academic progress.
Assessing financial aid eligibility starts with filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form, which is available at Birthwise, high school or college financial aid offices, or can be completed online (see link below). The FAFSA becomes available in January and should be filed before May for best results. The school’s Title IV code is: 036123. Birthwise is a 3 year undergraduate, technical certification program.
Birthwise is also eligible to receive funds from Americorps and the GI Bill.
Past students have also obtained commercial bank loans, or small grants from foundations or organizations.
Questions about financial aid can be answered by our Financial Aid Officer, Elizabeth McKinnon: 207.647.5968 ext. 103.
- Download the FAFSA application here.