- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Birth Doula training workshop (Please note: Certification is not Required for Admission to Birthwise Midwifery School. You must have taken the Birth Doula Training ONLY and it DOES NOT have to be DONA certified. Birth Doula training can be done at Birthwise before classes begin; contact us for more information).
- Must be 18 years old when classes begin.
- A college level Anatomy and Physiology course (minimum 3.0 credits that cover all body systems). This can be an online course. THIS IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
- At least one year of college including general studies courses such as a writing course and biology.
- Experience in the area of women’s healthcare or childbirth (as a doula, childbirth educator, attendance at midwifery conferences/workshops, volunteer work with a midwife, attending breastfeeding classes).
- Independent reading on childbirth and midwifery.
For admission questions, please call 207.647.5968 or email Yvette McDonnell, Program Coordinator: email@example.com