- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Birth Doula training workshop (can be done at Birthwise before classes begin; contact us for more information).
- A college level Anatomy and Physiology course (minimum 3.0 credits that cover all body systems). This can be an online course. THIS IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
- At least one year of college including general studies courses such as a writing course and biology.
- Experience in the area of women’s healthcare or childbirth (as a doula, childbirth educator, attendance at midwifery conferences/workshops, volunteer work with a midwife, attending breastfeeding classes).
- Independent reading on childbirth and midwifery.