How to Apply to Birthwise
- Download and fill out our Application for Admission 2015 (Our new 2016 Application will be posted soon)
- Download and send out the Reference Form 2015 to references (Our new 2016 Application will be posted soon)
- Materials you will need to include in your application packet:
Application Fee ($50)
Official High School Transcript or Equivalent
College Transcript(s) (if you have attended college)
Birth Doula Training Certificate
3 Letters of Reference/Reference Forms
- One or more from a midwifery or birth related connection, if possible (if not, submit another professional/work related reference)
- One or more from a work-related or professional connection
- One non-family personal reference.
February 15, 2016 (Early Decision)
April 15, 2016 (Regular Application deadline)
Applications may still be accepted after April 15 until full enrollment is met.
All paperwork should be mailed to:Birthwise Midwifery School Attentions: Admissions 24 S. High St. Bridgton, Maine 04009
Interviews are either in-person (preferred) or by Skype and will be scheduled approximately 2 weeks following the application deadlines. This is your opportunity to ask questions, tour our facility, meet current students, and sit in on a class.
Birthwise does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, ethnic origin, age or physical ability.
Our selection process takes place in February and April after the application deadlines and involves reading and evaluating all application materials (application, essay, reference letters, and transcripts), interviewing applicants, and choosing the applicants that seem most promising and appropriate for our midwifery program. The applicant may be accepted, denied or placed on a waitlist. As accepted applicants enroll in the program by the end of May, we may find we have extra space in the class and will offer those spots to our waitlisted applicants.